Monday, October 20, 2008

Werewolf

Okay, I have two problems: 1) I'm 80-90% sure I'm a werewolf and 2) I think I've started diagnosing my illnesses based on Halloween creatures.

Halloween is coming and I'm worried that I might start diagnosing myself as a witch or clown or even worse...the invisible woman. I'm already having a problem getting doctors to believe me (I don't know why) so it won't help my cause to try to convince them I have illnesses based on imaginary things like a unicorn, troll or a dragon (actually I bet I have some symptoms that would fit dragon – we'll need to explore that some other time). I'm not necessarily a believer in werewolves but what if I'm a werewolf? I have all the symptoms and I'm not really sure what to do about it.

This all began when I realized I have way too much hair in places I shouldn't like my ears, nose, face and fingers etc. I figured I'd make a list of hairy things and then cross off things that don't match me. Top three on the list were Europeans, apes and werewolves. The only hairy Europeans that I could think of were men, at beaches, wearing speedos, with large guts and bald on their heads. Well that obviously isn't me for many reasons (thank goodness), so I moved on down the list. Apes- they are very hairy and cute and acrobatic (just like me). However, I realized they are pretty coordinated and I am definitely not coordinated. They also have great upper-body strength and although I can bet Jas in an arm wrestle I don't have much upper-body strength. That leaves werewolves.

Hair in unusual spots – YES! Loves meat – YES! Goes crazy during full moons – Double YES! Get's along great with dogs – YES (I'm Daisy's favorite). Hopefully we'll make it through the full-moon and Halloween season without too many incidents.

1 comment:

The Taggarts said...

You are so funny! Can you pass some of your humor onto me? We had tons of fun with you guys over the weekend. Thanks for coming! I love the new look to your blog!