Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sense of Taste

I am finally feeling better. That was the cold of all colds. If I were tracking that in doggy years I would have been sick for 84 days, that's over two months. So with my new found health has come my new found appetite. Now that I can smell things, I can taste things, and I have probably put on 12 lbs this weekend.

I'm wondering if there's something out there that can take away my sense of smell on a long-term basis. Because as we've recently learned (the last two doggie months) if you cant smell you can't taste. This would allow me to eat the most disgusting things and not even be able to tell. No, I'm not doing this to eat my play-doh concoction without being sick, I want to do it so I can eat fish and liver and stuff like that without gagging. I figure I'd lose a ton of weight if I can't taste anything. Besides, my sense of taste has gotten me into trouble in the past.

Being the kid that liked eating sand, made me accept a dare to see how many scoops of sand I could eat. After 7 large scoops of sand, I ended up throwing up sand all night. Other unhealthy foods that I like to eat are: Crisco; soy sauce; dirt; sand; crayons; candles (birthday, not the large smelly candles – even though some of them smell delicious); grape hubba bubba, actually any fruit-flavored gum; chap stick (strawberry, bubblegum, watermelon and grape were my favorites); and cement (don't worry, I don't eat cement, I just lick it).

I would think that if my insurance company ever got a copy of my fav-food list, they would probably insist on correcting my sense of taste – it will probably save them money in the long run. Well if you have any ideas to help me out let me know.

No comments: