Thursday, October 16, 2008

Play-doh

I just ate what tasted like play-doh...Yuk! How do I know what play-doh tastes like? Because I ate it as a child, and I loved it. Fortunately for me, most of my taste buds have since developed and play-doh is not as appealing as it used to be.

So you probably want to know why I'm eating "food" that tastes like play-doh. First, the background info: I'm trying to eat healthier. I'm doing my best to cut out sugar and processed foods and things like that. However, it's pretty hard to cut all of that out when I have slight food allergies to things like chicken, wheat, milk, sugar etc. So I have recently decided to add in some "no sugar added" products to keep from starving to death.

Because I have to cut out a lot of foods and try to keep my vitamin and mineral intake up, I sometimes need to get a little creative. Let me just say, don't try sugar-free goat's yogurt ("goat-gurt" isn't that a cool name – I wish I could take the credit for that one) + unflavored protein powder + sugar-free chocolate milk powder = play-doh.

Poor Jas. He gets to sample a lot of my creations: cream cheese - free cheesecake; sugar-free pumpkin shakes; spaghetti-free spaghetti etc. I figure I'll find a masterpiece one of these days… just need to keep trying. Sorry Jas.

No comments: